Completing the planning spreadsheet
Before you start installing or upgrading the products, you must gather information about the required parameters that the installer prompts for each product. The planning spreadsheet provided in this section helps you to gather these parameter values. To avoid installation errors, refer to this spreadsheet when you run the installation.
You must know the actual login credentials to a server or database to complete installations. BMC installers are not integrated with Atrium Single Sign-On, SSL, or other authentication methods to authenticate users. For example, you cannot use a smart card scan to authenticate a user to perform installations of BMC products.
- Download and open the 8.1 planning spreadsheet.
- Enter your selections and parameter values into the Value column with the help of your DBA or system administrator.
For example, after installing BMC Remedy AR System server, you use the values that you entered in the spreadsheet when you install BMC applications.
- Launch the installer.
- Copy the parameter values from the spreadsheet and paste them into the product fields in the installer.
The columns and rows in the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet are formatted so that each sheet prints cleanly in landscape format.
- Understanding the server name alias and host name
- Understanding port numbers
- Understanding what APIs and plug-ins are installed
- Understanding application server passwords
- Understanding the BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- Understanding the BMC Remedy SNMP Agent