Additional troubleshooting resources
The followingadditional logs and forms can help you track information or troubleshoot the BMC Remedy AR System server and its components:
- Server Events — A form that contains recorded events affecting the BMC Remedy AR System data dictionary. For more information about this form, see Understanding the Server Events form.
- Server Statistics — A form that contains periodically recorded statistics about the server. See Using server statistics to gather baseline data. For information about configuring statistics, see Server Information — Advanced tab.
- Windows EventViewer — An application that enables you to monitor and log events in your Windows system. Use the following logs for the specified issues:
- System log for trouble starting services
- Application log for trouble with the BMC Remedy AR System server
- UNIX Syslog — A file on UNIX servers that logs all serious server errors encountered.
- Error log — A file that logs all BMC Remedy AR System error messages you encounter. It is named arerror.log. For more information about the arerror.log file, see Server error log.
- armonitor.log — Logs the startup activity for the AR System server and any other server component configured in the armonitor.cfg file.
- Approval Server logging — See Approval server debug log and Runtime issues.
- BMC Remedy Flashboards logging — See Configuring the Log Settings page.
- BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option logging — See BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option logging.
- Plug-in logging — See Logging plug-in information.