Adding workflow to the guide
The procedure in this section describes how to add existing active links or filters to a guide. At runtime, the guide executes the selected active links or filters in the order in which they appear in the list. You can add the same active link or filter to a guide more than once.
This procedure also describes how to add guide labels to the guide. Guide labels act as a marker in the list of active links or filters, and work with the "Go to Guide Label" action to control the flow of workflow. See Go to Guide Label action.
After adding items to a guide, you can take the following actions:
- Change the order of active links, filters, and labels in the guide.
- Open an active link or filter directly from the guide to edit it.
- Delete items from the list.
To add active links, filters, and labels to a guide
- Open the guide with which you want to work.
- To add active links to an active link guide:
- Right-click Active Links and Labels, and then select Add Active Link(s).
- In the Active Link Selector dialog box, select the active links to add from the Available Active Links list, and then click OK.
The available active links are those associated with the form or forms listed in the guide's Associated Forms panel.
- To add filters or labels to a filter guide:
- Right-click Filters and Labels, and then select Add Filter(s).
- In the Filter Selector dialog box, select the filters to add from the Available Filters list, and then click OK.
The available filters are those associated with the form or forms listed in the guide's Associated Forms panel.
- To add a guide label to either type of guide:
- Right-click Active Links and Labels (for active link guides) or Filters and Labels (for filter guides).
- Select New Label, and then type the name of the label in the field provided.
You use this label name when you define a Go to Guide Label active link or filter action. See Go to Guide Label action.
- To change the order of items in the guide, right-click any item in the list and then select Move Up or Move Down, as shown in the following figure.
Changing the order of workflow objects in a guide
(Click the image to expand it.)
- To add an active link, filter, or label before an item already in the list:
- Right-click the item after which you want to add the new active link, filter, or label.
- To add an active link or filter, select Add Active Link(s) or Add Filters(s).
- To add a new label, select New Label.
When you add the new item, it appears in the list before the existing item.
- To open an active link or filter directly from the guide list, right-click the item in the list and then select Edit Active Link or Edit Filter.
The active link or filter opens in an editor window. This allows you to make quick changes to existing active links or filters while adding them to a guide.
- To delete an item from the list, right-click the name of the active link, filter, or label to be removed, and then select Remove Reference.
- Save the active link guide or filter guide.