Adding and executing assignment processes
After you set up the assignee and request forms, you can add and execute assignment processes.
To add an assignment process
- Open the Assignment Engine Administration Console.
- Click the Processes tab, and click Create.
The Process Definition form appears.
In the Process Name field, enter a descriptive name for the process.
BMC recommends that you use unique process names.
- In the Request Form field, select a form that creates the requests to which you want to assign users.
- (Optional) Enter a description of the process.
- Click Create to create a rule.
See Adding assignment rules.
Specify a sequence for the rules.
The rules apply according to the order in which they appear. See Setting sequencing for rules.
The order of the rules is important. The most specific rules should be at the top of your list because the Assignment Engine processes the rules from top to bottom and makes an assignment when it finds a match.
- Make sure that the Status is set to Active.
- Click Save.
- To create additional processes, follow steps 3 through 9.
To execute an assignment process
To execute your assignment processes, you must create workflow for each process. The workflow must execute the Application-Command AE-ASSIGN DoAssign Run Process command.
For information about the Application-Command AE-ASSIGN DoAssign Run Process command, see BMC Remedy Assignment Engine application commands.
For information about creating workflow, see Defining workflow to automate processes.