Accessing the Mid Tier Configuration Tool
You can access the Mid Tier Configuration Tool in any of the following ways:
- Open a browser and enter the following URL:
- hostName is the name of the host computer for the mid tier.
- portNumber is an optional port number; it is required if the web server is not using the default port (port 80).
- contextPath is the path to the location of the mid tier in the Oracle JSP engine (arsys by default).
- If the mid tier is installed on the local computer using the default context path, enter the following URL in your browser: http://<localhost>/arsys/shared/config/config.jsp
For this the URL to work, localhost must be correctly entered in the hosts file.
- On a Windows computer where the mid tier is installed on the local computer, select Start > Programs > BMC Software > AR System > BMCRemedy Mid Tier > Configure ARSYSTEM on Localhost.
To log on to the Mid Tier Configuration Tool
- When the Login page appears, enter the login password for the Mid Tier Configuration Tool.
If you have not changed the password from the default, enter arsystem.
- Click Login.
After you log on, the Mid Tier Configuration Tool Overview page appears. It displays the current settings for your installation. Use the navigation pane at the left to select configuration tasks.
The following topics provide detailed information about working with the Mid Tier Configuration Tool: