Workflow that the MSM MigrationTasks form completes
The MSM:MigrationTasks form runs the following tasks to update existing data (delta data migrated) to align with the workflow changes made in the current version. Each point below describes what the task does and, optionally, what you need to verify that the update process ran correctly.
- UPDATE_CHG_LEVEL_APR_PROCESSES_2_CIIA — Updates this the following Change Level processes (which are being discontinued) to the corresponding Change Level CI-IA process:
- Change Level - Business
- Change Level - Close Down
- Change Level - Implementation
- Change Level - Review
- Change Level CI - Business
- Change Level CI - Close Down
- Change Level CI - Implementation
- Change Level CI - Review
- Change Level IA - Business
- Change Level IA - Close Down
- Change Level IA - Implementation
- Change Level IA - Review
This task also updates the sort order in the APR:SYS Approval Definition (Approval Process Configuration) form. If the sort order was previously specified, it is not changed. If the sort order was not previously specified and no additional qualification was specified, the sort is set to 100; otherwise, the sort order is set to 10.
What you need to do: In the APR:SYS Approval Definition (Approval Process Configuration) form, verify that the process name and sort order are changed for entries for the CHG:Infrastructure Change form.
If the Status is Proposed and the Sort Order field is empty, the procedure in “Updating fields in forms for delta data” does not update the Sort Order field.
- UPDATE_FINAssociation_DATA_4_Classic_2_CHG — Changes the value in the Form Name 01 field from CHG:Infrastructure Change Classic to CHG:Infrastructure Change in the FIN:Association form.
What you need to do: If there was an entry in the FIN:Association form with CHG:Infrastructure Change Classic in the Form Name 01 field, verify that this value was changed to CHG:Infrastructure Change.
- RMS_APR_POPULATE_STATUSREASONINTFIELDS — Updates the entries to populate the new status reason integer fields (FromStatusReasonInt and ToStatusReasonInt) with corresponding enumerated values for the status reason.
What you need to do: If an entry for the RMS:Release form exists in the Approval Process Configuration form for any phase that has a Status Reason for every status (Begin, Approved, Rejected, and No Approvers), export this entry into a .csv file, and verify that the FromStatusReasonInt (ID: 303554300) and ToStatusReasonInt (ID: 303804100) fields have values.
- UPDATE_CHG_LEVEL_APR_PROCESSES_2_REMOVE_DUPLICATE_PHASE — Deletes the duplicate review phase record from the APR:SYS Approval Definition form. (This record was introduced during the upgrade from BMC Remedy IT Service Management 7.6.03 to 7.6.04.) This task also deletes records that were introduced in version 7.0.3 for the Close Down approval.
What you need to do: Verify the status is marked as Deleted if there is any duplicate entry in the APR:SYS Approval Definition (Approval Process Configuration) form.
- UPDATE_CHG_DATA_2_SET_APR_PROCESSLIST --- Updates and initializes the approval process list that is required for Approval Preview in the BMC Remedy Change Management application. This list was not persisted in earlier releases, but has been made to persist with version 8.0.00 and later versions to optimize the roundtrips to the AR System server.
What you need to do: Verify that the preview of approver list shows the approvers for change requests for which approval mapping was added and moved to the next review approval phase. (You may need to refresh the change request to check the approver list.)
- UPDATE_APDETAIL_4CHGLEVEL_PROCESSES_2_CIIA_WHEN_PROC_NOTSTARTED_ADDOC_APR — Updates approval process names if the application has not started approval process and if ad-hoc approvers were added prior to the upgrade against the processes being deprecated.
What you need to do:
- Verify that the process name was changed to the Change Level CI-IA process for the change request for which an ad-hoc approver was added and where the approval process was not started.
- Verify the process name was not changed to the Change Level CI-IA process for the change request for which ad-hoc approver was added and where the approval process was started.
- UPDATE_PRIORITY_BASEDON_URGENCY_IMPACT — Updates the value in the Priority field in the CHG:CFG-Prioritization (Prioritizations) for Global Company form based on the values in the Impact and Urgency fields. (In previous versions, Priority was based only on Urgency.)
What you need to do: Verify that the value in the Priority field in the CHG:CFG-Prioritization (Prioritizations) for Global Company form is updated based on values in the Impact and Urgency fields.
- APPR_MAPPING_FIX_ASSIGNMENT_AVAILABILITY — Corrects the Approval Mapping for individuals based on the Status in the People record and for groups based on the group’s Status and the presence of anyone in the group with the approval role.
- UPDATE_CHG_AP_PROCESS_CONFIG_N_NOTIFY — Identifies configuration changes (if any) in the AP:Process Definition form for all out-of-the-box approval processes, and notifies configuration users to review the changes manually.
What you need to do: Verify that configuration users are notified if any configuration changes were made in the AP:Process Definition form for all out-of-the-box approval processes.