Using the ARDBC LDAP plug-in
The AR System Database Connectivity (ARDBC) LDAP plug-in enables you to access data from an external LDAP system through vendor forms.
Vendor forms are BMC Remedy AR System objects that present external data as entries in an AR System form. Using vendor forms and the ARDBC LDAP plug-in, you can view and manipulate external LDAP data as if it were stored in the AR System database. See Integration considerations.
ARDBC LDAP plug-in requirements
When using the ARDBC LDAP plug-in, remember these facts:
- The ARDBC LDAP plug-in uses the LDAP v3 protocol to issue requests to directory services.
- Attributes of directory service objects consist of either character data, integer data, or time stamps. Attachments are not supported.
- By default, all attributes have one value. Multivalued attributes are supported by a special notation. See Specifying multivalued attributes.
- LDAP does not support transactions. Consequently, when an object is created, modified, or deleted, the change does not roll back if subsequent workflow in the AR System server detects an error condition.
- The distinguished name and password specified in the ARDBC LDAP configuration are used to connect to any directory service referenced in LDAP search URLs.
- Only server-based certificates are supported.