Uninstallation tips for BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- If you install SSO with the mid tier, when you uninstall the mid tier, you must also uninstall the web agent. (This safely removes the reference of the mid tier URL from Atrium SSO server.) To uninstall the mid tier successfully:
1. Shut down the mid-tier Tomcat service.
2. Uninstall the web agent by executing the
3. Uninstall the mid tier.
- If you chose to install Tomcat when you installed the mid tier, you have to option to uninstall Tomcat when you uninstall the mid tier.
- If you installed Tomcat and the mid tier, and you are running Windows in an IIS environment, Redirector is installed. Redirector is not removed during the uninstallation process. You must remove it manually.
- If you upgrade BMC Remedy AR System (including AR System server and the mid tier), you can also choose to upgrade Tomcat (for example, to version 6.0). If you then choose to uninstall your entire BMC Remedy AR System installation using Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel, only the newest version of Tomcat is removed. The older version of Tomcat (for example, version 5.5) in Administrative Tools > Services continues to exist. If you then want to install a version of BMC Remedy AR System that has the same older version of Tomcat (for example, version 5.5) that remains on that on the same machine, you must first remove the older version of Tomcat that remains in Services via the registry to avoid conflicts.
- If you are using the Apache web server, remove the following lines from the <ApacheInstallDir>/conf/httpd.conf file:
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so JkWorkersFile /usr/ar/apache-tomcat-version/conf/ arsysworker.properties JkLogFile /usr/apache_version/logs/mod_jk.log JkLogLevel info JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] " JkOptions +ForwardURIEscaped +ForwardURICompatUnparsed JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T" JkMount /arsys/* arsysWorker1