Testing and confirming that the current server is working properly
After the server is rebooted, perform the procedures listed below to confirm that it is properly configured in server group mode and that everything is working properly.
Before you begin
Review server group planning to make sure that you understand how you want to distribute the applications and components in the server group, especially the following:
- Setting failover rankings for servers and operations
- Server groups overview
- Server roles
- Example configurations
To test and confirm that the current server is working properly
- In a browser, open the AR System Server Group Operation Ranking form:
- Click Search in the top-left corner of the screen to view all current rankings.
- When you finish installing all the applications and components on all the servers in the server group, verify that all of the BMC applications and components are listed for all installed servers.
- Manually set the rankings of the applications and components in the servers in the server group.
(Click the image to expand it.)
You use the AR System Server Group Operation Ranking form to distribute the load; however, there are may different ways to do this and each decision is based on the specific implementation. Here you define the fail-over ranking of the applications and components in the remaining servers if, for example, Server 1 fails. For example, set the Approval Server on the second server to 2 and to 3 on the third server.
If you used the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite Preconfigured Stack installer, you can skip the next step because all of the applications have already been installed on the current server.