Starting the SNMP agent
You can start BMC Remedy SNMP Agent in any of the following ways:
- Use armonitor:
- If you configured SNMP during installation, armonitor starts the SNMP agent automatically after installation is complete.
- If the SNMP agent process is terminated, armonitor restarts the SNMP agent.
- Use the following command:
arsnmpd -c <pathToarsnmpdConfigurationFile> udp: <portNumber>
- The argument to the -c option is the path to the arsnmpd configuration file, not to the snmpd file.
- The argument to udp is a port number not currently in use by another SNMP agent or any other process.
For example, for UNIX:
arsnmpd -c /user/ar/arsystem/conf/arsnmpd.conf udp:8161
- Invoke the agent during BMC Remedy AR System startup, using the Services panel (on Windows) or the arsystem shell script (on UNIX)