Specifying a home page on the server
The Default Home Page setting lets you specify which form to display as home page. The server containing the form must also be specified as the home page server in the Mid Tier configuration tool. If a different server is designated as the home page server, for example, in user preferences, this setting is ignored.
This setting allows you to define a home page form for particular groups of users, and customize the content and look of the form. For example, you can add a character field that displays the applications and servers in the Application List field.
To specify a home page in the AR System Administration: Server Information form
- From the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console, open the AR System Administration: Server Information form.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- In the Default Home Page field, select the home page that you want to use system-wide.
- Select the AR System Customizable Home Page form to allow users to customize the forms that appear in panels on home page.
- Select the Home Page form to use the traditional AR System home page.
- Select a form that you designed. The form must include an Application List field. See Using entry points in applications.
- Click OK.
For more information about configuring a home page server, see Setting administrative options.