Setting row-level security for variables
For real-time data, flashboard grants access to statistical data based on user login information.
For historical and summary data in multi-tenant environments, you can grant access to flashboards variables by implementing row-level security. If you do not set permissions for a variable, only the administrator who created the variable can see the information in the flashboard.
This row-level security enables you to show and hide information based on a user's permissions. For example, if you place a flashboard on a Help Desk form, you can display one set of data to support representatives and a different set of data to requesters.
To set row-level security for variables
- In BMC Remedy Mid Tier, open the FB:User Privilege form in New mode.
- From the Variable list, select the variable.
- From the User list, select a user with group permissions to the data.
You can select any user in the group, but select a user that will not be deleted. If the user is deleted, permissions to the variable are lost, and you must select a new user in the FB:User Privilege form.
- From the Group list, select the group to which you want to give row-level security.
You can enter more than one group in this field by selecting from the Group list multiple times.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps for each group.
If you delete a variable, the corresponding records you created in the FB:User Privilege form are automatically deleted.