Performing searches with FTS
FTS is transparent to users. If the server has a Full Text Search license and the full text feature is configured correctly, full text searching is activated.
- If full text searching is activated and the field is indexed for FTS, FTS is used.
- If full text searching is not activated or the field is not indexed for FTS, AR System uses the search capability of the underlying database. Under these conditions, attachment fields have only their names searched.
- Field permission-related behavior for FTS fields is the same for non-FTS fields.
Users enter search criteria in the same way, whether they are using FTS or not, with the exception of accrual searches.
This section contains information about:
- Searching in a field indexed for FTS
- Searching for words or phrases
- Performing an accrue search
- Performing a literal search
- Searching for variations of word stems
- Searching with a wildcard character
- Using the query-by-example method
- Restricting search criteria with a parametric FTS
- Limitations of FTS