No data is displayed in the flashboard
If you see an empty display in a flashboard, or a message reports that there is no data to display in a pie chart, ask the following questions:
- Is the BMC Remedy Flashboards server running and functioning correctly?
- If you are gathering historical or summary data, has the BMC Remedy Flashboards server been running during your collection interval?
- Is your collection interval or summary interval:
- Set incorrectly or not set at all?
- Set to begin collection or summary at a later date or time?
- Is your variable set correctly?
- Does your flashboard contain the correct variables?
- Is your flashboard linked to the correct form?
- Did you link your flashboard field to the correct server and flashboard in the Properties tab for the Data Visualization field?
- Is the ServerRefreshRate value in the server.conf file (located in the BMC Remedy Flashboards server installation directory) equal to 0? If this value is equal to 0, the server is not refreshing the cache or updating the flashboard information. Set this value to a higher rate, depending on how often you collect flashboard data. The default value is 1800 seconds (30 minutes). You might want to change this value to 1 second to test your flashboard.
- Did you change the Application Service Password after you started BMC Remedy Flashboards? If you change the Application Service Password on the AR System Administration: Server Information form after you install BMC Remedy Flashboards, see Resetting the Application Service password.