Installing BMC Remedy Migrator
Use the following procedure to install BMC Remedy Migrator.
You must have administrator privileges for the machine on which you are installing BMC Remedy Migrator.
To install BMC Remedy Migrator
- Shut down all other running applications before you start.
- Insert the BMC Remedy Migrator DVD into your DVD drive.
If the BMC Remedy Migrator setup program starts a few seconds after inserting the disk, skip to step 4 or follow the on-screen instructions.
- From your DVD drive, double-click migrator.exe.
A progress bar appears as the files are extracted.
- Click Next when you see the Welcome screen.
- In the License Information dialog box, read the
For more information about licensing, see Configuring BMC Remedy Migrator and Working with BMC Remedy AR System licenses.
license agreement, and click Agree.
- Perform either of the following actions:
- Click Next to accept the default installation directory.
- Click Browse to select another installation directory.
- Click Next.
- Click the check box to place the BMC Remedy Migrator program icon on your desktop, and click Next.
- Review the installation options you selected; if they are correct, click Install to begin the installation.
You might see validation warnings related to the mfc71.dll, mfc71u.dll, and msv1_0.dll2 files. These warnings can be ignored because they do not affect the ability of BMC Remedy Migrator to be installed.
- When installation is complete, click Done. (Optionally, you can click View Log to see the installation log.)
To begin using BMC Remedy Migrator, you must restart your computer.