Exporting and importing definitions
This section contains information about using the Export and Import menu selections in BMC Remedy Developer Studio to export and import objects definitions:
- Exporting object definitions, views, and applications
- Importing object definitions
- Importing a join form using the Replace Objects on the Destination Server option
- Benchmarks for exporting and importing objects
This section describes how to import and export objects outside of a deployable application. There is special functionality to export and import deployable applications. See Exporting and importing a deployable application.
- Export provides a wizard from which you can export structure definitions to a file. If you are licensed for the Distributed Server Option, you can also export distributed mapping and pool definitions. You can also create mail template files with the Export Mail Templates tool.
You can also export definitions into source control.
- Import imports structure definitions to a server. If you are licensed for the Distributed Server Option, you can import distributed mapping and pool definitions.
You can also import definitions from source control.