Defining queues and configuring threads
All servers include an Admin queue; it is the default server setting and cannot be configured. The Admin queue can have only one thread at any time.
When you define additional queues, you must assign corresponding RPC program numbers, and you must define the minimum and maximum number of threads for each queue that you are using.
To add server, escalation, or full text indexer queues and to configure threads
- In a browser, open the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console, and click System > General > Server Information.
The AR System Administration: Server Information form appears.
- Click the Server Ports and Queues tab.
- In the Server Queue box, click at the bottom of the Type column.
- Click in the RPC Port Number column, and enter the appropriate number for the queue that you want to add:
Fast 390620 List 390635 Escalation 390603 Alert 390601 Full Text Indexer 390602 Private
An RPC program number in the following ranges:
- In the Min Threads field, enter the minimum number of threads that you want started at startup.
The default is 1.
- In the Max Threads field, enter the maximum number of threads that your system is allowed to start.
The default is 1. When all the existing worker threads are in use, the system starts additional threads as needed until the maximum number is reached. These additional threads remain active until the server is rebooted.
For the escalation queue, the maximum number of threads are started when the server starts up.
- Select the Yes check box to create a debug queue to work with the workflow debugger.
See Configuring the server for debugging workflow.
- Click OK to close the form.
When you return to the form, the new queues are listed.
If you have removed a queue or decreased the maximum number of threads for a queue, restart the server for the changes to take effect.