Converting origin objects to custom objects
You can convert all origin objects that support overlays, such as forms, active link guides, filter guides, views, fields, and deployable applications to custom objects.
To convert an origin object to a custom object
- From the Object list, select the origin object that you want to convert.
You can convert multiple objects together by pressing the Shift key and selecting the objects from the list.
- Right-click the object and select Convert to Custom.
- When prompted for confirmation, click OK.
To convert an origin field to a custom field
- Open an origin form.
- On the editor or the Outline tab, select a field on the form.
- Right-click the field and select Convert to Custom.
You cannot convert core fields to custom objects.
To convert an origin view to a custom view
- Open an origin form or overlay form.
- On the editor, select an origin view.
- From the Form menu, select Convert to Custom.
You cannot convert an overlay field or overlay view to a custom object. To achieve this, you must delete the overlay.
Use the information in Auditing and archiving overlays and custom objects to understand how to audit and archive overlay and custom objects.