Configuring virtual user threads
To configure the number of virtual users SilkPerformer handles per process, follow this procedure:
- Choose Settings > System. The System Settings dialog box appears.
- In the left navigation pane, select Workbench.
- In the Control tab, clear the Automatic calculation option.
- In the Virtual users per process field, enter a value from 1 to 50. (See the following figure.)
BMC recommends setting this field to
50. For every 50 virtual users, SilkPerformer spawns a process.
- In the Stop virtual users after field, enter 1000.
If a user has more than 1000 transaction failures, let SilkPerformer stop the user.
SilkPerformer System Settings - Workbench dialog box
(Click the image to expand it.)