Configuring BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option
This section explains how to configure BMC Remedy AR System servers for a distributed environment.
For information about BMC Remedy AR System server management, see the Administering and Troubleshooting sections.
A BMC Remedy AR System server can be associated with only one Distributed Server Option (DSO) server (ardsoj versionNumber _buildNumber.jar on Windows or UNIX). To the DSO server, that BMC Remedy AR System server is the local or source BMC Remedy AR System server. All other servers, whether they reside on the same host as the DSO server or on a different host, are considered remote servers.
Each DSO server can transfer data from a form on its local server to
- Another form on its local server
- A form on a remote server
The following topics are covered in this section:
- Setting up DSO
- Enabling DSO on an AR System server
- Configuring a password for the DSO user
- Assigning an RPC program number to DSO
- Configuring remote AR System servers for DSO
- Configuring DSO for firewalls
- Specifying a DSO host name
- Configuring the RPC timeout setting
- DSO for load balancing
- AR System Administration - Server Information form - DSO tab