Configuring AR System server to support only origin objects
By default, BMC Remedy Developer Studio and the BMC Remedy AR System server are configured to work with and execute overlay and custom objects. To work only with origin objects at design time, runtime, or both, follow the instructions in this section.
Ignoring overlay and custom objects at runtime
By default, the BMC Remedy AR System server performs operations on overlay and custom objects at runtime and ignores overlaid (origin) objects.
You can, however, configure the server to execute overlaid objects at runtime and to ignore overlay and custom objects unless an operation's control record specifies an overlay group. (This exception enables clients to request that the server should execute an overlay or origin object.)
To ignore overlay and custom objects at runtime
- In a text editor, open the BMC Remedy AR System server configuration file:
- (UNIX) ARSystemServerInstallDir/conf/ar.conf
- (Windows) ARSystemServerInstallDir\Conf\ar.cfg
- Change the value of the Overlay-mode option from 1 to 0.
- Restart the BMC Remedy AR System server and flush the Mid Tier cache and the browser cache to make your changes take effect.
You can reconfigure the server to execute overlays and custom objects by resetting the Overlay-mode option to 1 and restarting the server.