Applying a customized style sheet to a web application
- Log on to BMC Remedy Developer Studio on the computer where the mid tier is installed.
- Expand All Objects > Applications, and then open the application you want to work with.
- Expand the Support Files panel for the application.
- Select the resources directory level.
- Click Create Directory and add the necessary directory levels to include the directory where your resources file is installed, as shown in the figure below.
By default, Developer Studio does not display the existing resources directory structure. You must use Create Directory to select each level in the existing directory structure.
Associating a customized stylesheet to the application
(Click the image to expand it.)
- Once the directory structure has been added by using the Create Directory button, click Add.
- Select the appropriate style sheet, and then click Open.
Repeat steps 5 through 7 as needed to add additional copies of the stylesheets, such as browser-specific copies from other resources subdirectories.
- Save the application.
To see the changes, you might need to clear the browser cache (delete the browser's temporary files) and refresh the page. If you need to edit a .css file later, delete the current file and add an edited one. Then clear the browser cache and refresh the page to see the changes.
Some CSS rules are applied only to the browsers that support them and are safely ignored by all other browsers. Such properties do not need to be limited to a browser-specific style sheet, which means that you might be able to reduce the number of style sheets that you need to create.