Application development with BMC Remedy Developer Studio
A BMC Remedy AR System application is a tool that you create to track data, processes, and issues. An application is an entity that consists of forms, workflow, and related objects that you have created in BMC Remedy AR System server. Forms collect and display data, and workflow directs the actions of the application.
Forms make up the basic user interface elements and "building blocks" of an application. Forms contain fields where users enter or update information. Whenever information is added or updated in a field, the database is updated. Each form corresponds to a set of tables in the database, and each field corresponds to a column in the database table. Depending on its purpose, an application can contain one form, or a set of forms.
Workflow objects (active links, filters, escalations, active link guides, and filter guides) tie together events (for example, user actions and changes to data) and actions (for example, changes to data and other interaction with the user) to define the behavior of the application. Workflow is executed when a specified condition occurs, such when a user tabs into or enters information into a field, an amount of time has passed, the status of an item changes, or a process runs.
For descriptions of the key components that make up BMC Remedy AR System applications, see Application development overview.
This section describes the details about developing BMC Remedy AR System applications with BMC Remedy Developer Studio. Topics include:
- Determining what your application needs to track
- Determining what to track
- Determining how your application should work
- Creating reports for selected objects
- Designing effective and more usable applications
- Designing the user interface effectively
- Resources for product design and usability
- Providing accessibility for users with disabilities
- About the Sample application
- About BMC Remedy Developer Studio
- Starting and logging on to BMC Remedy Developer Studio
- Printing from BMC Remedy Developer Studio
- Exiting BMC Remedy Developer Studio