Accessing the Mid Tier Configuration Tool
You can access the Mid Tier Configuration Tool in any of the following ways:
- Open a browser and enter the following URL:
- hostName is the name of the host computer for the mid tier.
- portNumber is an optional port number; it is required if the web server is not using the default port (port 80).
- contextPath is the path to the location of the mid tier in the Oracle JSP engine (arsys by default).
- If the mid tier is installed on the local computer using the default context path, enter the following URL in your browser: http://<localhost>/arsys/shared/config/config.jsp
For this the URL to work, localhost must be correctly entered in the hosts file.
- On a Windows computer where the mid tier is installed on the local computer, select Start > Programs > BMC Software > AR System > BMC Remedy Mid Tier > Configure ARSYSTEM on Localhost.
The following topics provide detailed information about working with the Mid Tier Configuration Tool: