Specifying the people who use or are responsible for a CI
You can specify in the People form, what assets a person owns, manages, supports, and so on. The CIs tab of the People form enables you to relate configuration items (CIs) to people.
Before you begin
You need at least the Contact People User permission in order to relate CIs to people.
To relate CIs to people
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, select Foundation > People > People, and then click Open. The People form appears.
- Search for the person.
- Select the person to relate to the CIs, and then click the CIs tab.
- Click Relate. The CI Relationships Search form appears.
- Enter search criteria for the CIs to relate, and then click Search.
- Select the CI to relate to the person.
- Select the relationship type, and then click Relate.
The CIs tab is updated with the relationship.
If the value of the Asset Entry-ID field and the Asset ID field is NULL or blank in the AST:AssetPeople form, follow the steps mentioned in the Knowledge Article number 000358102 (Support logon ID required) to resolve the issue.