Troubleshooting plug-in issues with Approval Server
You might notice that approvals are not processed because of a problem with the Action Request System Plug-in Server or with the Approval plug-in. See the guidelines described here to resolve plug-in issues with Approval Server.
- Approvals are not processed because of a problem with the Approval plug-in.
- The Approval plug-in is run in the Main Java Plug-in Server, which does not start or which has a problem.
- The Approval plug-in is run in its own Java Plug-in Server, which does not start or which has a problem.
- You cannot load the Approval plug-in.
- One or more users might experience the symptoms.
- In a Server Group environment, the symptoms can affect one or more servers.
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot plug-in issues with Approval Server:
Verify the Approval Server plug-in configuration.
To verify the Approval Server plug-in configuration, see approval server plug-in configuration.
Check if the Approval Server plug-in has failed to load.
Failure is indicated by ARERR 8755. The following error message is displayed in the Filter log:
If you see the ARERR 8755 error message, check whether the (Windows) armonitor.cfg file and the (Linux) armonitor.conf file include the correct entry for Approval Server plug-in.
|3.||Ensure that the definition files are updated.|
Ensure that the definition files are updated when you upgrade from AR System 7.1 to a non-root location. To update the definition files, before upgrading, you must provide the write permission to the AR System installation folder.
Enable AR System server-side logs and Approval Server plug-in logs.