Importing data into forms by using Data Import
Remedy Data Import loads data from a source file into an AR System form. A command-line interface (CLI) is also available for both Windows and UNIX. (See Enabling the Data Import utility.)
To import data into a form, follow this process:
- Complete all edits on the data file before you start Data Import. Do not edit the data file between the time you open Data Import and the time you start the actual import operation.
- Export the source data to a file compatible with Data Import. (See Exporting the source data.)
- Define Data Import preferences. (See Defining Data Import preferences.)
- Make sure that adequate space exists where the import log file will reside.
Data Import writes error messages and failed records to a log, which can become quite large.
- Make sure that the database has adequate space to store the imported records. Contact your database administrator for assistance.
- Create a mapping file. (See Creating mapping files.)
- Import the file. (See Running a data import.)
For more information about importing data into AR System forms see: