Adding or removing licenses
To add licenses to a AR System server, you can enter them into a form or import them from a file. Licenses are active as soon as they are added to the server.
For BMC Helix Innovation Studio, an administrator can add or remove the following licenses by using the Add or Remove Licenses form:
- BMC Helix service licenses
- BMC Helix Platform licenses
- BMC Helix application licenses
On the Add Remove Licenses form:
- The Current Database ID indicates the database to which the current host is connected to.
- The Current Host ID indicates the ID of the computer you are currently using.
Your license is generated by using these parameter.
Because servers in a server group use the same database, they share licenses. Each AR System server must have its own AR Server license key, but the server group feature shares all other BMC product licenses with all of the servers in the group. So for any product in a server group, when you add the license, since it gets stored in the database shared by all the servers, it only has to be installed one time. This registers it for all servers in the group.
All other license types, such as all types of Fixed and Floating user licenses and application licenses, are stored in the database and are therefore shared by all servers in the server group. You can add these other product licenses at any time. However, for all AR System servers, except the first server, the license must be added prior to installing the server.
To add licenses by entering them into a form
- In the AR System Administration Console, select System > General > Add or Remove Licenses.
- On the Add or Remove Licenses form, click Add New.
In the fields under the table, enter the following information:
Fields in Add or Remove Licenses form
Field Description License Type
From the list, select the type of license to activate. You can also enter a custom license type that is not in the list.
As a system administrator, you can now configure your system to use bundled licenses, which are used to access the AR System server and applications.
You can add only one entry for each license type except server licenses (multiple server licenses are distinguished from each other by license keys). To increase or decrease the number of licenses available for other license types, modify the existing entry.When you use AR System server version 18.05 with an earlier version of Mid Tier, after you click on the License Type field, the menu is not displayed. You must upgrade to the latest version of Mid Tier.
Number of Licenses
For the specified license type (server, server option, application licenses, and bundled licenses), enter the appropriate number of licenses for applications.
- 0 indicates the license is inactive.
- 1 indicates the license is active.
- 0 indicates the license is inactive.
- Any number greater than 0 indicates the maximum number of licenses available for use.
Used to further identify license behavior
Do not modify the contents of this field unless instructed to do so by BMC or a qualified BMC partner.
(Server licenses only) Enter the appropriate license key in this field.Do not enter a 6.0-7.0.x key in this field. Instead, import it from a .lic file. For more information, see Importing licenses.
For trial licenses, enter the date after which the license is no longer in effect.
Only trial licenses expire.
The Modified Date column displays the date and time when a particular license is modified.
- Click Save.
To add licenses by importing them
See Importing licenses.
To remove licenses
- In the AR System Administration Console, select Tenant Server Configuration > General > Add or Remove Licenses..
- In the table at the top of the form, select the license to remove.
- Click Delete, and click OK in the confirmation message.
Set the Number of Licenses field to 0, and then click Save.Non-server license removals take effect immediately. To remove a server license, however, you must restart the server after removing the license.