What Section 508 support means
To determine whether your applications support Section 508, ask the following questions:
- Can you complete tasks without a mouse?
- Can you complete tasks with your monitor turned off (screen reader operating)?
- Can you complete tasks with the speakers turned off?
Assistive technologies are devices that people with disabilities use to access computers. Examples of assistive devices include:
- Alternative keyboards and mice (for example, single-hand Braille keypad)
- Head pointing devices
- Voice-recognition software
- Voice-enabled browsers
- Screen magnification software
Section 508 support continues to evolve. BMC Remedy AR System provides improvements, and some areas still can be improved to make BMC Remedy AR System forms more accessible.