Accessing the Mid Tier Configuration Tool
You can access the Mid Tier Configuration Tool in any of the following ways:
- Open a browser and enter the following URL:
- hostName is the name of the host computer for the mid tier.
- portNumber is an optional port number; it is required if the web server is not using the default port (port 80).
- contextPath is the path to the location of the mid tier in the Oracle JSP engine (arsys by default).
- If the mid tier is installed on the local computer using the default context path, enter the following URL in your browser: http://<localhost>/arsys/shared/config/config.jsp
For this the URL to work, localhost must be correctly entered in the hosts file.
- On a Windows computer where the mid tier is installed on the local computer, select Start > Programs > BMC Software > AR System > BMC Remedy Mid Tier > Configure ARSYSTEM on Localhost.
To log on to the Mid Tier Configuration Tool
The AR System administrator performs the following steps when the Login page appears:
- In the ARServer Name field, enter a valid AR Server name
- (Optional) If you have installed AR Server using port, enter the port number In the Port field
In the User Name field, and Password field, enter AR Server credentials for an administrator.
- Click Log in.
After you log on, the Mid Tier Configuration Tool Overview page appears. It displays the current settings for your installation. Use the navigation pane at the left to select configuration tasks.
Troubleshooting an authentication error when logging in to the Mid Tier Configuration Tool
An authentication error occurs and the following message is displayed if you try to login to the Mid Tier while the AR System Server is down:
You are redirected to the config page.
Perform the following steps:
- Click the link given in the message and open the Mid Tier configuration page.
- Enter the details of the AR System Server that is up and running.
You can now login to the Mid Tier.
Changing password of the Mid Tier Configuration Tool
You can change the password for the Mid Tier Configuration Tool by using the Change Password form, if you enable the Force Password Change On Login checkbox on the User form. For more information, see Enabling users to change their passwords at will.