20.02.01: Patch 1 for version 20.02
is available. You must directly upgrade from version 20.02 to Patch 2 (20.02.02) of Remedy IT Service Management Suite.
This topic contains information about fixes and updates in this patch, and provides instructions for downloading and installing the patch.
This release consolidates the hot fixes delivered for Remedy AR System version 20.02 and later into a single patch.
Replacing Adobe Flash with HTML 5 in Remedy ITSM Suite
Adobe has announced the end of development and distribution of Adobe Flash Player by the end of the year 2020. BMC has taken proactive steps over the recent releases to manage the deprecation of the Flash-based capabilities in the Remedy ITSM Suite.
We have implemented viable alternatives to use Remedy without Adobe Flash Player and enhanced the following product capabilities and features:
- Ability to render sequence diagram or table by using HTML rendering. The sequence diagram is displayed when you click the Approval Details icon For more information, see Approval Central.
- Enhanced various BMC CMDB UI capabilities such as Dynamic Service Modeling, CMDB Audit, Federated Class Management.
- Ability to access the new CMDB Explorer through Remedy ITSM applications.
- Enhanced visualization features such as creating and viewing processes in BMC Service Request Management.
- The Openfire Chat plug-in is not supported with Remedy AR System. You can use Smart IT Openfire Chat for agent-to-agent communication.
For more information, see in the Remedy ITSM online documentation.
Support for OAuth 2.0 authentication for EWS protocol in Email Engine
Remedy Email Engine supports modern authentication in addition to basic authentication for the Exchange Web Services (EWS) protocol to access Microsoft Office 365 Exchange. Modern Authentication is based on OAuth 2.0 for authentication and authorization.
This patch includes fixes for Remedy AR System related defects. For more information about the defects fixed in this patch, see Known and corrected issues.
Downloading and applying the patch for on-premises deployment
For download instructions, see in Remedy Deployment online documentation.
Applying the patch for BMC Helix ITSM subscribers
If you are a BMC Helix ITSM subscriber and want to apply the patch, you must request for an upgrade. For more information, see in the BMC Helix Subscriber Information documentation.
What else changed in this release
- A new parameter is added to the Centralized Configuration to configure a watcher thread for Remedy Email Engine. A watcher thread monitors the outgoing email messages.
- Configure a watcher thread by using the com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.EnableWatcherThread parameter.
- Configure the time interval for the watched thread by using the com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.WatcherThreadInterval parameter in Centralized Configuration.
When an email message is not processed for five minutes, which is the default time interval, the watcher thread stops the Email Engine process. On Linux, the armonitor then automatically starts the Email Engine process. On Windows, Email Engine restarts the Email Engine service.
- Manually add the arsystem.xss_render_html setting in the Centralized Configuration to select the display type for HTML elements. For more information, see arsystem.xss_render_html.
- For a list of objects modified or added in Remedy AR System, see the in the Remedy deployment documentation.