Defining custom AR System Reports
AR System reports are often used to export data in XML, .arx, or .csv format for use in another application or on another BMC Remedy AR System server. In addition, you can use the AR System reports to generate statistical values based on the data. BMC Remedy AR System reports can be run on the Web.
To create AR System report
- In the Report Console, click New.
- Select the AR System report type.
The ReportCreator opens in New mode.
If you click Add All while creating reports, you might experience delay in the generation of reports if your form contains multiple fields. To shorten the duration of report generation, disable the client-side logs.
- In the Report Name field, enter a unique, locale-specific name for the report; for example, MyReport-en.
- From the Report Format drop-down list, select one of the following options for the format of the report:
- Record — Displays each field of the request on a separate line.
- Column — Displays each field as a column heading and displays information from each request in a separate row.
- Compressed — Compresses the information with commas, white space, or any other specified character between the columns. In a browser, the compressed format is viewed in a column format.
(For administrators) In the Locale field, enter the locale of the report in the format language_Country, for example pt_BR.
The country portion of the locale code is optional, depending on whether you want to allow all country variations of a language to use the report. If you enter only the language portion, all country variations of a language can use the report. For example, an entry of pt would include all country variations of Portuguese, but pt_BR designates only Brazilian Portuguese.
In AR Reports, a comma (,) is displayed as a delimiter between date and time values for a few locales such as English or German.
For a list of standard choices for this field, check the Locale view property on any form in BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- In the Report Set field, enter a locale-independent description for the report.
The Report Set field is used to identify locale variants of the same report. The combination of Report Set and Locale must be unique.
Update each tab in the form as described in the following sections.
Entries that are specific to Windows reports are identified in each of the tabs. Those settings are ignored for Web reports.
- Save the report.
To specify fields for a report
In the Fields tab, define the fields on the form to be included in the report.
- In the Field field, click the menu button to select which fields on the specified form will be displayed on the report.
- In the Label field, enter the field name as you want it displayed on the report.
- In the Field to Add Before/After field, select a field to use as a reference when clicking the Add After or AddBefore buttons.
- Click Add Before or Add After to set the positioning of fields in a report, with reference to the Field to Add Before/After field.
You can click Remove to remove a selected field or click Remove All to remove all selections from the field list.
- Click Modify to update the selected field label or width specification.
To specify sorting criteria for a report
In the Sorting tab, select fields to sort on and set the sort order and grouping for each field for the report. You can select up to five fields for sorting.
- From the first FieldName list, select the field on which you want to sort.
- Select Ascending or DescendingSortOrder for the selected field.
- To group by a field, select the Group check box for the selected field.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 for the other fields on which you want to sort.
To specify report records
- Open the Qualification tab.
- In the Qualification table, define a qualification (query) to specify which records to include in a report.
If a report is run from a results list, any qualifications defined in this tab are ignored.
To enter description for a report
- Open the Description tab.
- In the Provide a description for the report field, enter description about the report.
- In the Provide a descriptive comment for the report field, enter additional comments for the report.
To set permissions for a report
- Open the Permissions tab.
- In the Assignee Groups field, define the groups that can access the report.
If the server is configured to allow multiple groups in the Assignee Group field, then this field will allow multiple groups to be specified, separating each group with a single space. If the server is not configured to allow multiple groups, then only one group can be specified in this field.
Leaving the Assignee Groups field blank allows only the submitter to view the report. Specifying Public allows anyone to view the report.
To specify the report administrator and status
In the Administration tab of the Report Creator form, enter the user name of the person who is creating the report, and define the status of the report.
- In the Submitter field, enter the name of the user creating the report.
- In the Status field, select one of the following options:
- Active — Makes the report available in the Report Console.
- Inactive — Indicates a report that is no longer active.
- Pending — Indicates a report that is being reviewed.
If Inactive or Pending is selected, the report does not appear the Report Console list.