Creating and modifying web reports by using BIRT editor
This section explains how to use BIRT reporting tools with BMC Remedy Action Request System Web reports. BIRT is an open source, Eclipse-based reporting system that can be used to create reports in BMC Remedy AR System.
Modify the Web reports generated from the AR System Report Console by using the AR System Report Console interface.
Do not use BIRT Designer to modify the Web reports generated by the AR System Report Console.
Using Web reports and the BIRT Report Designer, you can:
- Create reports based on BMC Remedy AR System data in the BIRT Report Designer, and then deploy those reports to the AR System server using the Report form.
- Modify out-of-the-box Web reports in the BIRT Report Designer, and deploy those reports to the AR System server using the Report form.
This section is intended for administrators with expertise using BMC Remedy AR System Web reports and the BIRT Report Designer. This section is intended to document only what is specific or different to modify reports for BMC Remedy AR System.
The procedures in this branch describe how to install and use the BIRT designer. BMC uses this system; however, BMC does not support issues related to creating new reports with BIRT or after modifying reports shipped with BMC Remedy AR System. For non-BMC-related questions about BIRT, go to http://www.eclipse.org/birt or visit the Eclipse Community Forum for BIRT at http://www.eclipse.org/forums.
For information and tutorials about using the BIRT Report Designer, choose Help > Help Contents in the BIRT Report Designer..
For information about Web reports, see Defining custom web reports.
This section provides the following information for using BIRT:
- Installing the BIRT Report Designer to work with web reports
- Enabling BIRT to access your AR System data by setting BIRT preferences
- Creating a new web report with the BIRT Report Designer
- Importing a web report to a different AR Server
- Deploying web reports to AR System server using the report form
- Examples of modifying reports with the BIRT Report Designer