Creating a form and workflow to search across multiple forms
After you have configured your forms and chosen which forms should be excluded from multi-form search, you can create a form and workflow that enables users to search across multiple forms. For example, you can create a simple search capability across all forms by providing a display-only form that contains fields such as:
- A character field where users enter the terms they want to search
- A character field where users enter the terms they do not want in the results
- A menu to choose the forms from which to search
- Fields to enter a date range
- A table field to display results
For more information, see Setting up FTS to search across multiple forms.
The following figure shows the example MFS:MultiFormSearch form, which is installed with BMC Remedy AR System. You can study this form and its workflow to understand how multi-form search works.
Example form that enables users to search across multiple forms
(Click the image to expand it.)