Viewing and modifying tab order using Outline view
If some fields on a form overlap, you can display a list of fields in Outline view and sort them by tab order, and then change the tab order as needed by dragging and dropping fields to the position that represents the wanted tab order.
To view and change the tab order from Outline view
- Open the applicable form.
- In Outline view, select Sort by Tab Order to view the list of fields in their current tab order.
The tab order for a field appears in the list as a tooltip when the mouse is moved over that field, as shown in the following figure.
Tab order shown in Outline view
(Click the image to expand it.)
Fields that do not have a tab order, such as horizontal or vertical lines, and trim boxes, are not displayed.
- To change the tab order of a field, drag it to the wanted order in the list.
Keep the following conditions in mind as you modify tab order:
- You can drag and drop only one field at a time.
- You cannot drag a field from its current parent to a different parent.
If you change the tab order either in the form editor or through the field properties after displaying the tab order in Outline view, the Outline view is refreshed immediately to reflect the new tab order.
Sort by Tab Order is disabled when Show Table Overview is active in Outline view. To enable tab order sorting, click the Sort by Tab Order icon at the upper right in Outline view (the following figure).