Trim fields are horizontal and vertical lines, boxes, and text (including URLs) that enable you to modify the appearance of a form.
Trim lines, boxes, and text
(Click the image to expand it.)
Each piece of trim is treated as a field by BMC Remedy AR System, meaning that it has a unique field ID, a name, and display information. (No database information is associated with trim.) Because trim is a field, you can do this with it:
- Address each piece of trim in your workflow. For example, you can use a Change Field active link action to make a box hidden or visible.
- Change how or whether the trim appears in different form views.
- Define permissions for the trim to match the permissions of associated fields so that the trim is not visible if the fields are not visible.
- Add and change trim in the same way that you add and change other fields.
- Create URLs that link the form or application to the Internet. See Adding a URL to a trim text field.
Although you can group fields visually with a transparent trim box, a panel field is a better choice. A panel fields is more powerful and easier to maintain because the fields are contained in the panel field and positioned within it.
For information about creating trim fields, see Creating trim fields.