Specifying fields to be audited
On a form configured for auditing, you specify which fields should be audit fields, which should be copy fields, and which should be audit and copy. Audit field values and copy field values are copied from the main form to the audit or log form, but only changes to audit fields trigger audit processing.
Audit fields are copied only if their value changes. For copy fields, either the value in the current transaction is taken (if present) or the value is taken from the database. If an entry is created and no value is entered for a copy field, nothing is copied. Fields specified as audit and copy trigger an audit and are copied if changed. If not changed, they behave like copy fields.
System fields, including Create Date and Last Modified By, cannot be audited.
To specify fields to be audited
- In BMC Remedy Developer Studio, open a form for which auditing is enabled.
See Configuring a form for auditing for more information.
- Select the fields you want to audit.
- In the Properties tab, set the value for the Audit Option property.
The options are:
- None — Changes to this field are not recorded by any audit processing.
- Audit — Changes to this field trigger audit processing and its new value is recorded in the audit form or log form, depending on the audit style you specified at the form level. If the value does not change, its value is not recorded.
- Copy — The database value or the value in the current transaction if present is recorded during an audit, but does not trigger audit processing.
- Audit and Copy-Changes to this field trigger audit processing. If the value has not changed, the value from the database is recorded (similar to the behavior of the Copy option).
- (For log-form audits only) In the Properties tab, set the values for the Audit Log Key property:
- Key 1 — The value of this field appears in the Log Key 1 field in the log form.
- Key 2 — The value of this field appears in the Log Key 2 field in the log form.
- Key 3 — The value of this field appears in the Log Key 3 field in the log form.
- Save the form.