Setting up FTS to search across multiple forms
You can set up full text search (FTS) to search across multiple forms.
To set up FTS to search across multiple forms
- Configure each form so that it can be included in a multi-form FTS (see Configuring forms for multiple-form FTS).
- Configure the server for multi-form FTS (see Configuring the relevancy weight for fields in a multiple-form FTS).
- Update the AR System Multi-Form Search form (see Performing searches on multiple forms).
- Create or modify a form and workflow that enable users to search across multiple forms (see Creating a form and workflow to search across multiple forms).
- (Optional) Use date and time fields on your search form (see Using date and time fields on your search form).
Behavior of multi-form FTS
- If a user does not have permission to the Request ID field (field ID 1), the entire row is eliminated from the multi-form FTS results.
- If you have no permissions to view any of the FTS-indexed fields on a form, the entire row is eliminated from the multiple-form FTS result. AR System cannot determine the value of the field that caused the entry to appear in the search results and whether you have permissions to see that field.
For example, Field 1 has permissions to set Group 1 and Field 2 has permissions to set Group 2. User 1 is a member of Group 1, but not Group 2. If User 1 searches for value for Field 1 by using MFS:MultiFormSearch, no search results are returned.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you