Selecting multiple fields
Select a field in a form view by clicking it in the form editor or by clicking its name in the Outline tab. The Layout operations apply to two or more fields. The last field you select is the alignment field. The alignment field has filled square handles. The other selected fields have empty squares as handles.
Use any combination of the following three methods to select multiple fields.
To select multiple fields in the form editor
- Click a field to select the first field.
- Hold down SHIFT and click a field to add it to the selection.
- Hold down CONTROL and click a fields to add it to or remove it from the selection.
To select multiple fields using the marquee
- With the mouse on the form view background, hold down the right mouse button.
The mouse pointer changes to a cross.
- Drag a rectangle to enclose fields to create a selection with those fields.
- Hold down SHIFT and drag a rectangle to enclose fields to add to the selection the enclosed fields.
- Hold down CONTROL and drag a rectangle to enclose fields to add to or remove from the selection the enclosed fields.
To use the marquee in a container field, select the Marquee tool from the Palette. The mouse pointer remains a cross until you select another tool from the Palette or close the editor.
To select multiple fields in the Outline tab
- Click a field name to select the first field.
- Hold down SHIFT and click another field name to add to the selection all the fields between the last field selected and that field.
- Hold down CONTROL and click a field name to add it to or remove it from the selection.
Due to a technical limitation, selecting a field in the Outline tab does not change the alignment field.