Position fields in a form view by dragging them, by using the arrow keys, or by setting their position properties.
You might want to zoom the display to help you position fields precisely.
To zoom the display of the form view
- To display the fields larger, select Layout > Zoom In.
- To display the fields smaller, select Layout > Zoom Out.
To position one field by dragging
- Drag the field to appropriate position in the form view.
To move the field only horizontally or only vertically, hold down SHIFT and drag.
If grid alignment is enabled, the field snaps to the grid.
To position fields by dragging
- Select two or more fields.
- Drag the fields to appropriate position in the form view.
To move the fields only horizontally or only vertically, hold down SHIFT and drag.
If grid alignment is enabled, the alignment field snaps to the grid. The other fields move with the alignment field and keep their positions relative to it.
To position fields using the arrow keys
- Select the fields to move.
- Press and release the period key once.
The mouse pointer changes to a four-way arrow resize mouse pointer shown in the following figure.
- Press the arrow keys to move the fields.
- Press and release the period or Enter to complete the move, or press Escape to cancel the move.
Move mouse pointer
To control how far the fields move for each press of an arrow key
- Select Window > Preferences.
- Expand BMC Remedy Developer Studio and click Form.
- Type the number of pixels for the fields to move for each press of an arrow key in the Keyboard Move Step Size field.
- Click OK.
To get help aligning field when you position them
- Select Layout > Snap to Geometry.
- Start to position fields by dragging or using the arrow keys.
As the fields move in relationship to other fields in the form view, blue lines appear when edges or centers of the fields align.
- Position the fields when the lines indicate the relationship you want.
If both the grid alignment and Snap to Geometry are enabled, you can drag fields to field geometry positions that are not aligned with the grid lines.
- Select Layout > Snap to Geometry again to exit Snap to Geometry mode.
To move all fields in a form view proportionally
- Select Layout > Expand.
- In the Expand dialog box, type the percentage to change the horizontal and vertical positions of the fields.
- Click OK
All the fields are moved with respect to the left edge and top edge of the form view by the factors you specified. A percentage less than 100 moves the fields closer together and to the left or up. A percentage greater than 100 moves the fields farther apart and to the right or down.
To position fields by setting properties
- Select the fields to move.
- In the Properties tab, set the X or Y property to the correct values.
The values are changed for all fields. If you set both X and Y, the fields are positioned stacked in the same location in the form view.
This is an example of setting common field properties.