Inline forms allows you to:
- Automatically load embedded forms on the view fields when the container form is loaded.
- Load an embedded form on a view field based on user action, such as, selecting a console, loading an incident into the view field.
- Replace an existing embedded form on a view field by another form.
You can use inline forms to:
- Reduce the number of open windows.
- Provide an appearance of a single form.
- Improve performance.
You can open forms that are embedded in the view fields as inline. When using inline forms in your application, consider these behaviors:
- Forms load into view fields using an active link Open Window action.
- Child forms load faster.
- The pop-up windows appear at the center of the entire page and deactivate the entire parent window regardless of which embedded form triggered it. The view field boundaries do not cut or trim the pop-up windows.
- A single prompt bar appears for the entire page, including when workflow in the embedded form executes a message action with the prompt bar option.
If you want to load an inline form on a view field that was loaded earlier in a different view, you must clear the cache and log on to BMC Remedy Mid Tier again.
You can set the Inline Property to a BMC Remedy AR System form while defining a workflow using Open Window action. For more information, see the following sections:
- Creating Open Window actions for Search or Submit windows
- Creating Open Window actions for Modify or Display windows