How a view is selected
Normally, when determining a view for a user, the system offers a Web-Alternate (Fixed) view in preference to a Standard view.
An option in the Mid Tier Configuration Tool allows you to set preference for the view. The choice of view is based on the user's application environment, language, and preference settings. For more information, see Selecting a form view for the user.
A view is determined as follows:
- The system selects the view that the user has requested or by way of workflow. If no view is requested, or if the requested view does not exist, the default view is used.
- When mid tier is the client and if you do not specify the view in URL then mid tier determines the view to display by evaluating the below high-level criteria:
- The view label or name is matching with the value of Default Form View field on the AR System User Preference form.
- The view label or name is matching with the default view of form from the application properties.
- The view label or name is matching with the value of the View Label field defined on the AR System Actor View form.
- The view is configured as default view in the form definition.
- The view is configured as default view in the form definition and view label or view name is matching with the value of Open Window View Extension field on the AR System User Preference form.
- The view locale value is empty.
- The view country value is matching with the country value of the current user session locale.
- The view language value is matching with the language value of the current user session locale.
- The view type is matching with the value of Prefer Standard/Windows View option (standard or web) in the Mid Tier Configuration Tool.
- The system selects a view that is appropriate for the user's locale. If there is not an exact match, a fallback mechanism finds the closest possible locale to the one requested. The resulting view is then displayed for use.