Finding fields by label, name, or ID
Use this procedure to search for a field by all or part of the field's label, name, or ID.
To find a field by ID, label, or name
- Open the appropriate form.
- If the form has multiple views, select the appropriate view.
- Select Edit > Find/Replace.
The string can be all or part of the field's label, database name, or ID.
In the Find Field field of the Find Fields dialog box, enter an alphanumeric string to search for.
- In the By Type section, select the option that identifies the string entered in step 4:
- Label — The name of the field displayed on the form.
- Name — The name that identifies the field in the database.
- Field ID — The number that identifies the field internally in BMC Remedy AR System server.
- Select the direction to search.
- (Optional) Select one or more search options.
The first field that matches the search criteria is highlighted in the form.
- Repeat step 8 until all fields matching the search criteria are found.