Creating trim fields
Use this procedure to create any of these trim fields:
- Horizontal line
- Vertical line
- Trim text
- Trim box
For an overview of trim fields, see Trim fields.
To create trim fields
- Open the appropriate form.
- Right-click the form, and select Create a New Field > trimType.
The new trim field appears on the form.
- Select the trim field.
- (Trim text) In the Properties tab, select the Text property, click its ellipsis button, enter the text that will appear on the form into the Text dialog box, and click Ok.
See also To add a URL to a trim text field.
- (Trim text) Set these properties:
- Text Align — Specifies where text is positioned relative to the top and bottom edges of the text box: Top, Middle (default), or Bottom.
- Text Style — Specifies a font type for the text field.
Users can change the font family, style, and size of each font type by using the Display options settings. As the administrator, your font preferences should match that of the majority of your users' tools.
- Text Rotation — Specifies the angle at which the text can be rotated within a trim text field. The valid values are: 0 0 (default), 90 0, or 270 0 degrees.
Users must modify the size of the trim text field according to the length of the rotated text
- Set the remaining field properties.
See Field Properties.
By default, trim box and trim text backgrounds are opaque (default trim text backgrounds are the color of the form). To show the area beneath a trim box or trim text (for example, when using an image on a button and placing trim text on the image), make their backgrounds transparent, and bring the trim box or trim text to the front (select Layout > Bring To Front).
In some browsers, users cannot click fields under a transparent trim box. For applications viewed in a browser, place trim box fields under other fields.
- Select the trim field, drag it to a position in the form, and adjust its size.
See Arranging fields in a form view.
- Right-click the form, and select Save.