You can place a panel anywhere on a form outside of a panel holder, or you can add panels to a panel holder.
To create a panel
- Open the form to which you want to add a panel.
- In the palette, select Panel, drag to the form, and release the mouse where you want the panel to appear.
To set properties for a panel
- Select the panel.
- On the Properties tab, edit the Label value if necessary.
If you do not save the form after adding a panel, the label value also becomes the field's database name (Name property).
- To specify a custom database ID, modify the ID property before saving the panel.
- Set permissions for the panel.
Users must have permission to view or change the fields in a panel. See Panel field permissions properties.
- Set other panel properties as needed:
- Field properties — See Field properties This section provides brief descriptions of field properties for all BMC Remedy AR System forms. The properties are listed in alphabetical order.
- Background mode — See Background Mode setting in panel holders.
- Color options — See Setting color options for panels and panel headers.
- Images in panels — See Adding an image to a panel.
- Rounded corners — See Applying rounded corners to a panel.
- Anchoring fields to the right side of a panel — See Anchoring fields to the right side of a form or panel.
- Save the form.