Creating panel holders
This section explains the steps for creating a panel holder and setting properties for a panel holder.
To create a panel holder
- Open the form to which you want to add the panel holder.
- From the palette, select a panel holder type, and drag it to the form.
For information about panel holder types, see Panel holder display types.
The new panel holder appears on the form. By default, it contains two panels. To add more panels, see Adding a panel to a panel holder.
To set properties for a panel holder
- Select the panel holder, making sure you select the panel holder and not one of the panels in it.
To select collapsible, splitter, and accordion panel holders, move your mouse over the panel holder, and click the "grabber" that appears at the top of the holder.
To select tabbed panel holders, click the holder's dashed frame.
- Assign permissions for the panel holder by selecting Permissions from the Properties.
To view or change the panels at runtime, users must have permission to access the panel holder. See Panel field permissions properties.
- Set other panel holder properties as needed.