Setting server passwords, RPC options, and plug-in timeouts
The Connection Settings tab enables you to perform these tasks:
- Change application server passwords, which are required passwords used by BMC Remedy applications when they connect to the AR System server. Components that use application server passwords include BMC Remedy Mid Tier, plug-in servers, the DSO server, the Flashboards server, the Email Engine, and custom applications. Most application server passwords are initially set when you install BMC Remedy AR System, but you can change them at any time by using the Connection Settings tab.
If you change an application server password on a BMC Remedy AR System server, you must also make the change for the application that connects to that server. For more information, see the Configuring the Connection Settings page in the table below.
- Set the RPC program number and port information for plug-in and DSO servers.
- Configure timeout settings for the plug-in servers.
To set connection settings
- In a browser, open the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console, and click System > General > Server Information.
- Click the Connection Settings tab.
AR System Administration: Server Information form — Connection Settings tab
(Click the image to expand it.)
Edit the options on the tab as needed:
Connection Settings tab fields
- Click Apply.
Restart the AR System server for the Connection Settings to take effect.
If your environment contains AR System servers earlier than release 5.1, set the minimum API version to 9 to ensure that secure servers cannot communicate with servers running previous BMC Remedy AR System versions. For information about setting the API version, see Setting administrative options.