Rich text formatting editor overview
The rich text editor is a simple text editor that you use to format the text in fields. It provides commonly used functions, such as formatting text, creating tables, inserting links, and creating and linking bookmarks. The RTF editor reduces the efforts of formatting the text by providing a What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) interface.
You can use the RTF editor in fields that have the RTFicon next to them.
Features of the RTF editor
The RTF editor has the following features:
- Supports all use cases for rich-text fields in BMC Remedy Knowledge Management applications.
- When the article content uses standard HTML markup, this RTF editor renders the article without any loss of formatting.
- Helps you edit the existing articles.
- Supports rich-text field editing capabilities.
- Maintains formatting when you copy content from MS Word, MS Outlook, HTML and paste it into an RTF-enabled field.
Additionally, You can use the inline editor and pop-up editor to perform various functions. For more information about functions in this RTF editor, see Functions in RTF editor.
For the details about the shortcut keys available with this RTF editor, see Shortcut keys in RTF editor.