Import-export utility guidelines
Use the following guidelines to run commands from the import/export command-line utility. Commands and options are listed in DefinitionImport and DefinitionExport options.
- On a computer with Developer Studio installed locally, set the current directory to the directory that contains the Developer Studio executable (by default, C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\developerstudio). The commands must be run in this directory. File arguments without a directory path are created in the current directory.
- Command-line import and export are provided by the DefinitionImport and DefinitionExport commands. These commands are implemented as Windows batch (.bat ) files.
- Every command executed opens a separate AR System session, executes the command, and logs out.
- DefinitionImport and DefinitionExport parse options in the order they are listed in DefinitionImport and DefinitionExport options. Options are interpreted in a predictable order and might not be executed in the order you enter them.
- You cannot perform an action against two servers with one command. For example, you must issue two commands to export object definitions from one server and import them into another server.
- Enclose arguments that contain blank spaces or symbols in quotation marks.