Configuring the Web Services Registry integration
To activate the connection to the BMC Atrium Web Services Registry, use the WS Registry Integration tab of the AR System Administration: Server Information form. To install and configure the BMC Atrium Core components described in this section, see in the BMC Atrium Core documentation.
This form shows the local level value of the configuration. If a local value does not exist, the form displays the global level configuration. If you modify the value on this form, the local level configuration value is modified.
For example, if a configuration shows global level value and you modify the value by using this form, the local level value gets created for the configuration.
- From a browser, open the AR System Administration Console, and select System > General > Server Information.
- In the AR System Administration: Server Information form, click the WS Registry Integration tab.
Server Information form — WS Registry Integration tab
(Click the image to expand it.)
- In the BMC Atrium Web Services Registry Settings area, enter the options:
- Registry Location — The URL of the BMC Atrium Web Services Registry. For example, http://Computer1:8080
- Registry Admin User — The user name of the administrator for the web services registry.
- Registry Admin Password — The password of the web services registry administrator.
If the Registry Location is changed after the AR System server has registered web services and categories in the registry, the AR System server updates the new registry location with the existing web services and categories, but does not delete the web services and categories from the old location.
Plug-in server configuration file entries
Two registry plug-ins communicate with the BMC Atrium Web Services Registry API. A filter API plug-in (ARSYS.ARF.REGISTRY) handles all updates to the registry as a result of workflow on the AR System Web Services Registry, Category, and Registry Pending Delete forms. An ARDBC plug-in (ARSYS.ARDBC.REGISTRY) handles queries from the AR System Web Services Registry Query form.
The AR System server installation program installs these plug-ins and creates the following entries in the AR System configuration file (ar.conf or ar.cfg):
- Server-Plugin-Alias: ARSYS.ARF.REGISTRY ARSYS.ARF.REGISTRY plugInServerHostName:plugInServerPort
- Server-Plugin-Alias: ARSYS.ARDBC.REGISTRY ARSYS.ARDBC.REGISTRY
In the Java plug-in server configuration file (pluginsvr_config.xml), the installation program creates XML <plugin> definitions for ARSYS.ARF.REGISTRY and ARSYS.ARDBC.REGISTRY. See the pluginsvr_config.xml file for the complete XML definitions.
For information about the BMC Atrium Web Services Registry API, see .